About this project
Dressage Niagara is a not-for-profit organization established in 1974 that supports dressage in the Niagara region.
While working as part of a team of 4 developers, we were tasked to redevelop the Dressage Niagara site from the ground up.
During this project, my team and I accomplished the following:
- We updated the look of site with a more modern and responsive design while also increasing visibility of the sponsors.
- We added security/access control so users in different roles can add/update content on the site. Multiple roles were created providing different levels of access throughout the system.
- We developed a membership creation system that can be managed by admin users while also automating membership renewal. The membership system allows users to fill out membership forms and once approved, make a payment online through PayPal or mail a cheque to the board of directors.
- We created an interface that allows the site administrators to filter and search for members/users of the system. The interface also has a mass email feature tied into the search functionality. This enabled the admin to send emails targeted to specific subsets of the sites users.
- We automated the Show Entry system that allows the site users to sign up for shows in just a few clicks. The price per show was determined by membership status and various other factors.
- We created a system that allows site administrators to mass upload show results from an Excel document. Once show results were uploaded, users can filter through shows to see their results. From the Manage My Account page, users are also given historical records of all the shows that they have participated in.
- We created a classifieds section that enabled regular site users to post items that they have for sale and contact information. This was similar to the store that we also created which was handled by the admin and allows purchase to be made through PayPal.
That summarizes the basic functionality that we introduced, smaller features were also added. The project was completed over a period of 4 months.